The right man to walk me down the aisle. I have been having a lot of issues with this. My father was in and out of my life and I had a couple of other people in mind but my heart was just not 100%...I knew that I was having doubts with who I may have chosen. It's amazing how everything fell into place. I was not going to be where I was and at that how often am I out with my mom. When we got to Music in the park I was asking my mom about my godfather, if she has heard from him at all. we lost contact at least 5 years ago..I then went on to tell her that I am not sure I would even recognize him, and she was like no I think he would look the same. As we are talking I am looking all around me since we were there early enough. The night went on and as I am talking to one of my girls I look up and there he is, yup my godfather. so i yell his name but get no response so I was thinking I was trippin, but knew in my heart I wasn't so I yelled his name again and sure enough it was him. I almost run to him and hug him and immediately start crying. I just could not believe I found him. my mom was getting me a beer so as soon as I saw her coming through the crowd I drug him over there to her. we all had time to catch up, and I later found out that he went out there in hopes to find either me or my mom. He knew that since it was Pete Escovedo that one of us would most likely be out there. So at the end of the day when he was getting ready to leave. My mom mentioned to him not to forget that next year I was getting married...and I knew in that moment it was him that should be walking me down the aisle. He had been a major part of my life and watch me grow up. So I asked him if he would accept walking me down the aisle, that he knows me best and I would love to have him walk me down the aisle. He got a lil teary eyed and said it would be a honor to. God definitely works in mysterious ways, and I am sure that as much as Joe has been a part of all of these moments he was def a part of last night.
I love how everything falls into place! I am excited for you and it truly will be the ceremony beyong your wildest dreams!!
ReplyDelete