Monday, January 16, 2012

Setbacks

So the end of 2011 and beginning of 2012 has had a few personal setbacks....I have spent many years moving forward, trying to stay positive and as far as possible from my old ways....now don't get me wrong I have not come close to who I used to be in many ways, but there are some not so proud moments that I have had.  I am choosing to refocus, choosing to continue to better me.  no one ever said change was easy, nor did they have a timeline on how fast/slow it would happen or how many possible relapses you may have.  I know that I have been pushed, pushed away at times.  regardless of what is going on in my personal life i need to remember that I can not run away from my problems even if I feel like I am at wits end.  I can not just throw my hands up and give up even though I have given 120%.  I must continue with my strive to be a better me... continue knowing that things will not be perfect and that is ok.  I am still a far ways from who I used to be, but have had a lot of not so good thoughts lately....I am choosing today to be accountable for my actions, choosing today to start fresh mentally and move forward, closing the door on my past, I am choosing today to ensure I continue to communicate my needs to the best of my ability, and to stay committed even when I feel that my needs are not being met.  I chose the life I have now and I will continue to do rite by it!

1 comment:

  1. I always look at setbacks as lessons, or "training grounds" if you will. The only way to achieve the better you is to endure, learn and persevere. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete