The day has come and gone, but will always hold a special place in my heart. I finally DID IT, and it felt amazing to cross that stage.
"Thank you from the bottom of my my heart to those that attended yesterday's graduation ceremony....not just any graduation ceremony, but MINE!!! I have been in and out of college since graduating high school in 1998...took some longer breaks than others, at one point decided I would never go back and finish what I started. When I decided to go back I knew it was closer than I could imagine only 6 classes away...I went back full force taking 4 of those in one semester plus taking on whatever life threw at me!! It was not an easy journey but I DID IT!!! With the support of loved ones all around me cheering me on..pushing me forward...and yes it may have taken me damn near 16 years to finish but that does not matter...what matters is I finished what I started....and it was all worth it and in its right time, with my children present to witness it. Hearing pook tell me she almost cried when I crossed the stage made every late night up for studying worth it!!!!!!! Love you all and thank you again, now on to the next chapter in my book!!!! CLASS OF 2014!!!!!"
Where do I go now, everyone wants to know...and as I have told everyone...it is a day by day process. at some point my children will all be in school and I can then decided if I want to go back and further my education..but as of now I am thankful I was able to close this chapter in my book of life!!

No comments:
Post a Comment