As most widows/ers know our perspective on life has been changed forever. There are things that happen that I would call eye openers. First and foremost even though I have found love again I worry about being a single parent and something happening to me. Last night in our AJ class something came up that opened my eyes, and whether any one agrees with the choices/decisions I make they are mine, and I am going to do what I feel is right for me and mine. So in class we were discussing parties and how if a "bad (dirty) cop" happens to come in smells drugs etc and you are there with your child the possibility of what can happen. Basically it is up to the cop if he feels the child has been neglected, feels that you are under the influence then he can get CPS involved, and possibly remove your child from you and the situation. Yes, I am aware this can happen anywhere, yes, I am aware this can happen eve in my own home if I allow for certain things to be in my home. But with all of my change and with my fear of losing my child and her not having another parent to go to it made me wonder if it is even worth it. I do not judge others or count their drinks to each their own, but I will be making choices to ensure that my child never has to be in certain situations, and I do not think I should be knocked for that. All in all it is my life and my choice! There have been bad choices that I have made in my life, and there have been good ones. I feel that this is a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment